Hand sanitizer is now one of the rare and high-priced items, such as masks. The outbreak of the coronavirus has worried the Indonesian people especially now that 19 people have been declared positive.
Hand sanitizer is a liquid that is used to reduce infection in the hands, alcohol-based formulations favored by many people because it is believed to be able to kill 99.9 percent of germs.
The alcohol content has been used in Europe as a hand sanitizer since the 1980s and is included in the "List of Essential Medicines of the World Health Organization".
Instead of your busy scrambling to buy with a lot of pockets, here we summarized how to make your own hand sanitizer easily from various sources.
1. White Vinegar
The first ingredient that you can count on as a step to make a hand sanitizer is white vinegar. Usually, white vinegar is used as a flavor enhancer in a portion of food, but can also be used to cleanse.
When there is no alcohol, you can count on white vinegar as an external medicine, by dripping on cotton wool and tapping it on the injured skin.
Furthermore, vinegar has a high enough concentration of acid so that it is good at overcoming skin problems, such as infections due to bacteria, fungi, or the like.
Then warts that appear on the body can also be smeared with vinegar to make it loose. Applying vinegar to areas prone to infection will prevent the entry of harmful microbes.
Mix vinegar with a little water and put it in a spray bottle. Use this simple mixture as a hand sanitizer or clean some furniture at home. keep it in the refrigerator to maintain the quality of your vinegar hand sanitizer.
How to make your own hand sanitizer easily and safely from the next natural ingredient using lemon. Lemon juice has long been believed to be effective in removing impurities and as a cleaner.
Its acidic nature and antibacterial function will help you keep your hands clean. The meeting of acids from lemons and salts will create reactions that increase hydrogen-free ions.
Easy steps, just mix the lemon juice, a little lemon, and a little water in a spray bottle. Use your elixir mixture as a natural hand sanitizer. The content of lemons that can whiten the skin and keep it from bacteria.
3. Lavender Essential Oil
How to make a hand sanitizer with natural ingredients and safely then use lavender essential oil. It shows that various studies have proven the efficacy of lavender essential oil as an antibacterial and natural antifungal.
Lavender essential oil is also safe for sensitive skin. In addition, the soothing aroma of lavender will make you more relaxed.
4. Orange Essential Oil
The next natural ingredient uses orange essential oil which also has antiseptic and antioxidant functions. As a natural source of antioxidants, this oil will regenerate the skin cells of your hands, so your hands will always be soft and supple.
Oil liquid will help prevent the growth of viruses or bacteria, antioxidants can be a shield for your body from the outside.
5. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil or tea tree oil is often used as a prevention or cure of acne. Its natural antibacterial and antimicrobial content are very good in warding off germs, bacteria, and viruses.
Tea tree oil has been proven and trusted for centuries. Still from the same quote, this oil is also able to fight infections caused by bacteria.
6. Cinnamon Essential Oil
How to make an easy hand sanitizer made from natural ingredients using cinnamon essential oil. As well as being scenic, this oil is also antibacterial and antimicrobial which effectively blocks disease-causing organisms.
Tools and Materials to Make Hand Sanitizers from Essential Oils
How to make your own hand sanitizer easily reported from hellosehat.com, you need to prepare some key ingredients as follows:
- 3 tablespoons of aloe vera gel, can be purchased at a beauty shop or pharmacy.
- Essential oils as mentioned earlier. You can mix several types of essential oils or one. The dose is adjusted to the fragrance you want, usually requires about 8 drops.
- 1 tablespoon of isopropyl alcohol (IPA), you can buy at a pharmacy
- Glass bowl or container.
- Small plastic bottles for storing hand sanitizers.
How to Make a Hand Sanitizer
- First, mix and stir all the ingredients you have prepared in the glass bowl.
- Avoid plastic bowls or containers when making hand sanitizer liquids. The risk of pure essential oils that have not been completely incorporated into the dough will damage the plastic. However, if it is completely mixed, the plastic container is safe to use.
- Then, if all hand sanitizer ingredients have been mixed with good consistency. Make sure it is not too runny and not too thick, transfer it to a small plastic bottle.
- Your safe natural hand sanitizer is ready to use. You can take it with you wherever you go. You can use hand sanitizer to clean your hands and toilet seat in a public bathroom that has been marked by other people.
- Keep a natural hand sanitizer by keeping away from direct sunlight.
Someone still uses soap and water to clean their hands is guaranteed to be more effective. In addition, washing your hands for a long time twice sang a happy birthday song, advice from Dr. Nick Phin, deputy director of the National Infection Service, PHE.
Those are some ways to make a hand sanitizer with natural ingredients, certainly easy, practical, and safe to use. Hand sanitizer is quite an alternative when traveling long distances and cannot find enough clean water and soap. Good luck.