As we know that cinnamon is one of the spices that can be found in the kitchen. The nature of this cinnamon medicine turns out to be credited to the popularity of the spice. Spices are cheap and can easily be found at the store nearest you. This cinnamon can be added to almost any dish and can even be added to the iconic chai problem. This imparts a different taste and smell to food. That's because cinnamaldehyde, a compound in cinnamon that makes it an amazing seasoning. This has a strong effect on the health and metabolism of the body.
Benefits of Cinnamon for Your Body
1. Cinnamon Rich in AntioxidantsAntioxidants in cinnamon can help to prevent oxidative damage caused by free radicals in the body. Cinnamon has a lot of polyphenols, which are known as powerful antioxidants.
2. Cinnamon Has Anti-Inflammatory PropertiesCinnamon turned out to have an anti-inflammatory properties that can be spelled out to significantly reduce the risk of disease.
3. Cinnamon Can Help Prevent CandidaThe strong anti-fungal properties of cinnamon can prevent overgrowth of candida in the digestive tract. Candida is a type of yeast which can be considered to cause various digestive and auto-immune symptoms in cases of overgrowth. Cinnamon can also help in boosting immunity and offering natural protection against excessive candida growth.
4. Cinnamon Reduces the Risk of Heart DiseaseCinnamon can also help to reduce levels of LDL (bad) cholesterol in the body. High cholesterol levels can increase the risk of heart disease. Cinnamon can also help in controlling blood pressure levels.
5. Cinnamon Is Good For Dental HealthCinnamon extract can help offer protection against bacteria in the mouth microflora. This bacterium can also cause tooth decay, bad breath, cavities and some mouth infections. Cinnamon essential oil functions as a natural anti-bacterial mouthwash to reduce oral bacteria.
6. Cinnamon Increases Insulin Sensitivity, Prevents DiabetesCinnamon can also help to reduce insulin resistance which can cause type 2 diabetes. In addition, cinnamon can also increase insulin sensitivity and help regulate metabolism in the body. Cinnamon can also reduce blood sugar levels. Seasoning is great for preventing the risk of diabetes.
7. Cinnamon is good for the skinThe relatively anti-biotic and anti-microbial properties of cinnamon protect the skin from allergic reactions, skin irritations, rashes and infections. Cinnamon essential oil, when applied directly to the skin, can help overcome pain, swelling, redness and inflammation.
8. Cinnamon Has Positive Effects on Neurodegenerative DiseasesA neurodegenerative disease can damage brain cell function and reduce the risk of Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease.
9. Cinnamon is used as a preservativeAnti-bacterial properties in cinnamon make it efficient enough to preserve food. Anti-bacterial and antioxidant properties of cinnamon can help preserve food for a relatively longer time. Cinnamon can also prevent discoloration of vegetables and fruits that occur when oxidation and begins to rot.
10. Cinnamon Helps In Combating AllergiesA compound in cinnamon can provide relief from allergies. Cinnamon essential oil provides a boost for immunity and facilitates absorption of nutrients during the digestive process. It can also reduce the incidence of auto-immune reactions caused by food allergens.
11. It Helps Against Fungal and Bacterial InfectionThis cinnamaldehyde is thought to help in fighting bacterial infections and respiratory infections. It prevents bad breath and tooth decay.
12. Cinnamon Helps Fight Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)It turns out that cinnamon also helps to treat HIV-1, which is the main type of HIV in humans.
13. Cinnamon can be used as a sweetener agentThis cinnamon has a natural sweet taste and can be added to desserts to reduce sugar consumption which has empty calories. And reducing sugar intake can help reduce the glycemic index of your food. As mentioned above that, Cinnamon has anti-diabetic properties which can slow down the release of sugar into the bloodstream. This can help to reduce cravings and prevent weight gain. In addition, cinnamon has a unique taste that can give a very unique taste to sweet foods.
read also here